There you have it folks, the secret of my amazing chocolate chip cookies has been revealed. "WTF!!" I hear you screaming. Well, it's the truth. I use an only slightly altered version of the recipe that you find on the back of a bag of chocolate chips. So what makes my cookies different? Well, I happen to be the proud owner of a KitchenAid stand mixer and have noticed a major decline in the quality of my cookies when I haven't been able to use it.
Difficulty: Easy
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (I prefer unbleached)
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 large eggs
2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 357F/190.5C.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chips and nuts. Place spoonfulls (amount depends on the desired cookie size, mine is a heaping tablespoon) on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 9-11 minutes. Place on cooling rack to try.
If you feel like getting fancy I sometimes flatten out the cookie dough a bit and sprinkle on a little course sea salt.
Rules of the blog
So the idea came up in #paforums_pax to have a way for us to share our recipes, especially by those who want to learn to cook. I've set up this blog as a place for people to post and comment on recipes and will eventually (read that as when I f'in feel like it or someone else does the work :P ) be compiled into a cookbook for our community to buy.
To post please contact EruditeAphrodite with your email address and I will add you as a writer. If you can, post pictures with your recipes so people can see what the food looks like. A rating system (Casual, Easy, Normal, Hard, Super Foodie) was also mentioned to give people an idea of how difficult a recipe is.
Some final rules
- The title of your post should be the name of the dish
- Include tags for type of dish (soup, salad, main, etc) along with major ingredients
- If the recipe is something you have yoinked please include where it came from.
If you have any suggestions about running this (and especially if you'd like to help) PLEASE let me know. Eep is a very busy girl. :P
To post please contact EruditeAphrodite with your email address and I will add you as a writer. If you can, post pictures with your recipes so people can see what the food looks like. A rating system (Casual, Easy, Normal, Hard, Super Foodie) was also mentioned to give people an idea of how difficult a recipe is.
Some final rules
- The title of your post should be the name of the dish
- Include tags for type of dish (soup, salad, main, etc) along with major ingredients
- If the recipe is something you have yoinked please include where it came from.
If you have any suggestions about running this (and especially if you'd like to help) PLEASE let me know. Eep is a very busy girl. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Is the only difference adding the almond?
ReplyDeleteYup.
ReplyDelete